ENNERDALE FATHER ACCUSED OF KILLING SON RELEASED ON WARNING

The magistrate has described the case as tragic, adding that the decision to prosecute ultimately lies with the National Prosecuting Authority.The father who is accused of shooting his son at a school in Ennerdale appears in the Lenasia magistrates court on 7 June 2018. Picture: Ihsaan Haffejee/EWN.

The 51-year-old man claims he mistakenly shot his son on Tuesday night at the Fred Norman Secondary School where the pupil had been attending extra lessons.

The father told police he’d fallen asleep in the car while waiting in the schoolyard and was startled when he heard a knock on his window, he then opened fire not knowing that it was his son.

The magistrate has described the case as tragic, adding that the decision to prosecute ultimately lies with the National Prosecuting Authority.

At the same time, the police’s Mpanda Khoza says investigations are continuing.

“They were all in court and we will carry on with the investigation.”

Continue reading ENNERDALE FATHER ACCUSED OF KILLING SON RELEASED ON WARNING